Include a statement of your career goals in resume. Your resume objective summarizes your career goals-what you expect from employment and in return, what you offer to a prospective employer. A resume objective should be one or two sentences, ideally be placed in the beginning of your resume.
Sometimes employers receive hundreds of applications for a few job openings. Busy hiring managers have little time to go through all the applications received. In stating career objective in your resume, you should be particularly careful in choosing words. Wording of a resume objective is important. Express your interest in a specific kind of position by stating your immediate, and if possible your long term career objectives. Try to write your resume objective in terms of the need of the employer. Avoid being so specific that you exclude reasonable opportunities or so broad as to be uninformative. You will need to word your career objective with great care so that you focus the reader's attention but don't screen yourself from the opportunities that exist.
Some Examples of Resume Objectives
- To secure an accountant position in a major corporation.
- Administrative position in a large manufacturing organization.
- To continue my career in graphic design by securing a position in an advertising farm.
- A position on editorial staff in a publishing firm.
- To secure a senior-level on accounting or financial position with broad management responsibility for achievements of the financial objectives.
- A senior-level position in Operation Department in an oil refinery plant.
- A senior executive position in the Maintenance Department of a power generation company.
- A senior management position in Procurement in a Logistics-related company.
- To obtain a position in an innovative and vision-driven pharmaceutical company as a Medical Information Officer where my skills and experience can be best utilized.
- To build up career with Apex Pharmaceutical as Medical Promotion Officer where my excellent communication and relationship building skills could be effectively utilized.
- To secure a position in Radiant Pharmaceutical as Medical Information Officer where my training, education, and experience can be effectively utilized to achieve the organizational goal and career advancement.
- To continue my career in a leading Pharmaceutical company as Medical Promotion Officer where my excellent presentation skill to communicate latest product information to Medical professional could be employed.
- A senior management position in Ready-Made Garment Industry where my knowledge and experience in fashion designing, production methodology and machine lay-out will positively contribute.
- Medical Information Officer in a leading multinational Pharmaceutical company where my excellent communication skill and experience of communicating product information to the medical professional would be a definite advantage.
- To join the senior management team of a reputed and fast growing company in a garment industry where my leadership quality, problem solving and analytical skill could be best utilized.
- To start with fast growing Agro-based company as Trainee Officer where my experience in overall management and maintenance Breeder and Hatchery (Poultry) farm would be of worth to consider.
- To secure Technical Officer position in a rapidly growing poultry farm where my long experience in maintaining strict bio-security and ensuring disinfected environment could be best utilized.
- To continue my career as a Manager in a leading Real Estate company where my 7 years experience of leading a professional sales team will positively contribute.
- To join a chemical company as Senior Executive in its Quality Assurance Division where I will be able complete assigned quality management functions.
- Secure a managerial position in a large food in indutry in its Quality Assurance Department where my ability to develop, implement, and maintain a quality plan could be utilized.
- To join as Procurement Specialist in a Funding Agency where my sound understanding of principles underlying good procurement practices and analytical capability in identifying and resolving procurement issues will have a definite advantage.
- Interested to join a development organization as Manager in its Internal Audit department where my experience in the formulation of audit techniques, guidelines, audit program, and checklist for the performance of the audit work would positively contribute.
- To obtain a position as a office Secretary in which my computer skill and office management experience can be fully utilized.
- To obtain a position in Human Resource Management where I can effectively utilized my experience in employee training and development.
- Seeking a position in advertising farm where I can employ advance training in Graphic Design as well as my creativity to produce quality products.
- To secure the position of Maintenance Engineer in a large power manufacturing company where my training in Electrical and Electronics Engineering and experience in plant equipments would be an advantage.
- To continue a career as an Engineer in Instrument and Automation department of a large cement manufacturing where my experience in PLC (Programmable Logic Controller) can be utilized.
To learn more about resume objectives, click here.